Zulu configuration questions

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi forum,

I am upgrading a customer with a FMS 13 setup with Zulu 1 on port 8080 to a FMS 15 with Zulu 2.

It was already a problematic setup, as the FileMaker Server runs concurrently with an OSX Server. Hence the 8080 port to keep away from OSX Server hijacking port 80 all the time.

The new FMS 15 is installed on port 85/2443 to keep away from the OSX Server web ports. Great. We wanted to keep Zulu on 8080 though, because then we wouldn't have to change the deployment on every machine. 

Installing Zulu 2, there is no option to choose the ports. It just configures to port 80. I would really like to have Zulu listen on port 8080 and talk to FMS over port 85.

I tried modifying the context.xml, but that didn't do anything.

For the moment, I have done a custom install using the old TomCat 7 instance listening on 8080, and a ProxyPass instruction on the OSX server, which is very ugly. But it works.

What is the best way to do this?

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter.. 

Incredible but true.. I have the same setup. 

I follow this instructions from Alexey to set up fms and OS X server alongside. 

https://www.precursor.ca/precursor/resources/rais/landing/ReverseProxyTutorial.html

Then Zulu worked Ok for me after including in the zulu.xml file the port 8001, attributed to fms15 to the jdbc.host 

yours

Pierre

Bonjour Pierre,

Interesting link! I'm going to take my time examining this some more, it seems like a good solution in a lot of situations, and not only for Zulu.

Zulu 2 is definitely an improvement over v1, but I can't help it, it gives me the shivers. Zulu always gives me the feeling it can break any moment, and leave me stranded with problems I'm not qualified to handle.

Edited by Peter Wagemans

5 hours ago, Peter Wagemans said:

Bonjour Pierre,

Interesting link! I'm going to take my time examining this some more, it seems like a good solution in a lot of situations, and not only for Zulu.

Zulu 2 is definitely an improvement over v1, but I can't help it, it gives me the shivers. Zulu always gives me the feeling it can break any moment, and leave me stranded with problems I'm not qualified to handle.

Yes.. It is a fickle thing. However I cannot complain.. because I think its "fickleness" for me stems from the fact that I/WE do not use plain vanilla setups. I only try to upgrade my server every 2 year... because whenever I start changing somethings break. I have SERVER macOS 5.2 running with fms15, 4 websites, DNS and RADIUS for a 5 persons team... and I am no IT man... just an entrepreneur that does his own IT infrastructure. I think in two years or so, when my mac Mini retires 2010 model...I go to AWS for filemaker hosting. Until then there might be built in iCal compatibility in fm. .

Also.. their support was always very competent. In the early days I spoke diretly with John Sindelair on the phone and today 360 works always helps when you open a ticket through the web interface. 

Yours

pierre

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.