Text Formatting Interface Examples or Tutorials?

This topic is 2559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all. I am about to start building a user interface to provide text formatting functionality whereby users can format text using buttons I have provided such as Bold, Italic, and so on. Basically buttons for all the text formatting functions FileMaker provides. I specifically need the ability for users to be able to highlight text within a block of text in a text field and add formatting to the highlighted text. Can anyone recommend a source with some examples or video tutorials on how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance :)

Is there any way to detect if formatting is already applied? For instance, if highlighted text is already bold I would like to be able to unbold the text? Trying to approximate known text editing behavior as much as possible.

Thanks Comment. I was able to use GtAsCSS to detect styling. I'm experiencing a strange behavior now though. When I apply a text style using

TextStyleAdd ( Middle ( Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) ; Get ( ActiveSelectionStart ) ; Get ( ActiveSelectionSize ) ) ; Bold )

the highlighted text becomes Bold as desired. Then with the same newly bold text highlighted and using

TextStyleRemove ( Middle ( Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) ; Get ( ActiveSelectionStart ) ; Get ( ActiveSelectionSize ) ) ; Bold )

The Bold styling is not removed. However if I select the same text and include one or more preceding unbolded characters it then removes the Bold style.

This topic is 2559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.