Tab Control not displaying in Webdirect correctly

This topic is 2535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This seems to be a bug in Filemaker as the layout is not displaying correctly in Webdirect. If there's a corruption in the Theme then repairing the file should fix it - hence why I think it's a bug.

I have attached an image of how it displays in Filemaker, Webdirect 14 and also the file.

The only way I can think of to fix it is to rebuild the entire theme, but this is a massive pain. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Filemaker.png

Theme Test.zip

Webdirect.png

Edited by jaboda

The main problem is I can't change the tab control elements - for example add a border or reliably change colours.

I also can't create more than one style (as well as Default) - otherwise the styles don't work properly in Webdirect.

When using another theme these features work fine.

Do you mean that when you modify a this Tab in FileMaker, it doesn't hold in Web Direct?

or, you don't see how to modify a theme object?

I modified your tabs to show lines and rounded colors see Theme Test Copy.fmp12

I'm not sure why it wouldn't hold in using Web Direct, maybe you need to save the changes made to a new style name, and then save it to a new  theme?

20 hours ago, Lee Smith said:

Do you mean that when you modify a this Tab in FileMaker, it doesn't hold in Web Direct?

or, you don't see how to modify a theme object?

I modified your tabs to show lines and rounded colors see Theme Test Copy.fmp12

I'm not sure why it wouldn't hold in using Web Direct, maybe you need to save the changes made to a new style name, and then save it to a new  theme?

I've just tried your file in WebDirect and it doesn't show the lines. Additionally if I move the mouse over the active tab the background colour disappears.

Same problem I'm having with my live solution.

I don't have a way to test in Web Direct, perhaps someone else can step in.

I know that there were some things that didn't work like they do in FileMaker, and I kind of remember that the themes were a problem?

Which Theme did you start with?

Just for kicks, I changed the theme to Minimalist and then recreated the colors and lines to see if it would remove any influences from the starting theme.

If it isn't tied to the theme, then I would do a Bug Report with FileMaker.

Theme Test 3.fmp12

I should have have changed the theme name when I did the above. 

p.s. What theme did you start with? This one was a custom theme.

BTW, if this doesn't help, I would report it as a bug and see if FileMaker can help

https://community.filemaker.com/community/discussions/report-an-issue

It's probably a WebDirect bug, there are still a number of formatting issues. Use a slide panel instead and script buttons to move between the slide panels. You can style this so it looks like a tab panel.

This topic is 2535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.