Warning 30 server log on filemaker server 14

This topic is 2522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi to All,

I am getting Issue from users where they are getting very unusual error message while connect with Filemaker application. i have attched screenshot of that.

Currently we are using Filemaker server 14 and filemaker pro 14. All database is installed on FMS 14 and through Citrix platform , they get connected to databse by using filemaker pro 14.  But recently i get same kind of issue 3/4 times.

They are trying to export something on application and they are getting error alert.

I am attaching issue message.

also when i checked Event log file, i got warning 30 for that particular user's id  that means he is disconnecting his connection."Warning    30   DBXXX   Client "ABCDEF  server ip addres xxxxx" no longer responding; connection closed. (10)

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

error_FMS14.png

The 'no longer responding' error:

FileMaker Server and FileMaker client are in constant communication.  This error happens when that communication can't happen, usually because of bad network connectivity so your troubleshooting efforts are not in FM but on the network side of things.

The obvious: make sure the FM Server is on a static IP, not DHCP.

That error however is not related to the screenshots.  The screenshot error is exactly what it says: the user does not have an outlook profile and you are probably using the "Send Mail - through client" script step.

Two ways around that: work with your Citrix guys so that each citrix session does have an outlook profile and can launch Outlook. Or, use "Send Mail" with the SMTP option instead option.

Thanks Wim. but as you suggested 

Two ways around that: work with your Citrix guys so that each citrix session does have an outlook profile and can launch Outlook. Or, use "Send Mail" with the SMTP option instead option.

So in first case :We have been running these apps for more than 15 years now.. never configured Outlook Profile in Citrix as it is NOT required or recommended by FileMaker too.

2nd case: use "Send Mail" with the SMTP option instead option: We are using Send email step using SMTP and it is working well in other scripts.  

Please advice/comment  on this.

1 hour ago, Genelia said:

Thanks Wim. but as you suggested 

So in first case :We have been running these apps for more than 15 years now.. never configured Outlook Profile in Citrix as it is NOT required or recommended by FileMaker too.

Not sure what more to say; the screenshot doesn't lie.  If it used to work before then do as it was before; clearly something was changed in the user's Citrix session because that Outlook profile error is not a FM dialog, it's a Windows one.

• 1 month later...

Hi Wim,

As per outlook error, i have configured my outlook profile onto server . Then i again export ..this time excel file attached to email but i got server Busy error log which results my screen freezed and again i need to sign out from there(already attached in my first post of this conversation). So i am attaching the internal event error log. But i want to know is really this filemaker functionality working ? i mean while export, to select attach email option functionality working perfect or not?

Event_error.txt

Of course it is working, for most people under most circumstances.  Since this is an integration there are always a lot of different variables involved that can run interference especially in a Citrix environment that multiplies the number of moving parts.

Do a search on this forum and other forums for 'server busy'; it is something that has come up for other people.

This topic is 2522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.