How to add one extra item in Value Lists

nexgen

This topic is 2545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a value list based on Products table.

However, while selecting products, sometime I need to select all products. While showing product name in popup menu, I want to show one more value called "All" for denoting that it applies to all products.

How can I do that?

You didn't say anything about product id in the original question... How exactly is your value list defined now? And what do you actually want the target field to contain, after user selected "All"? 

Edited by comment

But does it make sense to have the text value of "All" in the product id field? I presume this is a matchfield in a relationship to the Products table, so it would only work if both matchfields were Text fields, and all products had the value "All" added to their ID.

In any case, the product id field will not get populated by the string "All" using a two-field value list. You could use a value list based only on the product name, and have the target field auto-enter an elaborate calculation replacing the name with the id (or the string "All") - but IMHO it would be better to move to another selection method, e.g. a pop-up portal or list view. There the user could either select a specific product or click a [Select All] button.

Another option is to add a Select All checkbox next to the product id field, and use a hidden calculation field as the real matchfield. Or make it a button that populates the field with "All", overriding the user's selection (if any).

Edited by comment

This topic is 2545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.