New Feature I've Never Tried in FM before

Bigun

This topic is 2527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So here's the tech involved:

• Microsoft SQL 2014
  • FileMaker Server 14
  • FileMaker Pro 15
  • IIS/PHP

The project involves submitting information via web form into the SQL database and then viewing it in a FileMaker portal connected to the database via ODBC.  I've done this before, no big deal... except one feature that was thrown at me.

• Ability to submit images through the web portal and view them through FileMaker

I've done image submittal via PHP before, but viewing them in FileMaker is a new one.  I've seen some stuff on converting the images to BASE64 then converting them back in a FileMaker container field, but the information was several years old and I'm checking to see if there was any more modern way to handle it; and if it still needs to be done that way, I need some clarification on how to accomplish this.

3 hours ago, Bigun said:

I've seen some stuff on converting the images to BASE64 then converting them back in a FileMaker container field, but the information was several years old and I'm checking to see if there was any more modern way to handle it; 

FM14 is several years old so you can only work with the features that you have.

http://www.filemaker.com/help/14/fmp/en/html/func_ref1.32.13.html

if you can base64 encode before sending to FM then you can use this function to decode it back into its original.

This topic is 2527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.