Report Showing Blank

wojeezy08

This topic is 2539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Fairly new to Filemaker here and currently working with an old Filemaker 10 database.

I can give more details as requested; the basic issue is this (pictures attached):

We have a module called "CAPA Log".  In this module users create new records and input text related to those new records.  However, there is one field that is not user generated, "CAPA Number".

590c958ec525e_Filemaker10.thumb.PNG.395001d837bf028eaa11acb9dd04d2aa.PNG

In this module I click on a button titled "Outstanding CAPAs" .  This buttons purpose is to show a list of records that do not have a "Closing Date" entered.  The "Outstanding CAPAs" button performs that function but under the heading of "CAPA Number" there is nothing but blank space.

590c959352a93_Filemaker10-2.PNG.e671ae2d071960b9f3c7ebc54d7356d2.PNG

Any ideas?  I'm happy to give further detail if needed.   

All records have a "CAPA Number" automatically assigned.590c9de8286a1_Filemaker10.thumb.PNG.959fc7a9a32f8d5ffaffa57eba9d69f3.PNG

If working correctly, when the "Outstanding CAPAs" button is clicked, the "CAPA Number" should be included in the list of records that are generated.

Well, we can only guess. I can think of three reasons why you don't see the number:

1. The field is not on the layout (or perhaps not entirely within the Body part of the layout);

2. The field is empty;

3. The field and the layout do not belong to the same TO.

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

The Filemaker database file is attached for anybody that would like to take a look.

Username:gregw

Pass: 5200

I 'm unsure about how to identify if the field is on the Layout.  I have a full access account, yet when hitting the "Outstanding CAPAsbutton, I can no longer switch to Layout mode:

590ceb13e8279_Filemaker10-6.thumb.png.a17879d7b0fa34a89d07c37f8bab816a.png

ARL FileMaker.fp7

2 hours ago, wojeezy08 said:

when hitting the "Outstanding CAPAsbutton, I can no longer switch to Layout mode:

That could be because your script is paused at that time. Let your script finish (or don't run it at all), switch to Layout mode, go to the "RPT Outstanding CAPA Report" layout and examine what - if anything - is under the Capa No. label.

The other possibility is that you don't have the required access privileges.

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

This topic is 2539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.