Searching multiple off of one value set

This topic is 2536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a value set that goes to a field called "USE" the value set has the following:

Patriotic, Contest, Concert, Festival, Broadway, Popular, Folksong, Christmas, Spiritual, Novelty and Mandrigal

Is there a way to be able to highlight more than one of these "USE" and do a search? Example:

I want to search the database for a Christmas song that is also a Broadway Play and a Festival piece?  Christmas and Broadway and Festival. 

Can this be done with a drop down box? I cannot seem to be able to do this with the Find Operators. Thank you. 

If you were doing it manually you would:

Enter Find Mode

Type in the proper field "Christmas"

From the Requests Menu>Add New Request, or the toolbar New Request

Type in "Broadway"

From the Requests Menu>Add New Request, or the toolbar New Request

Type in "Festival"

Perform Find

If you were scripting it, you may want to open up a small window and put buttons on the layout to add a new request and perform find (and cancel), that would gather the data and do the same as above.

Excellent that worked great but now that led me to another problem I did not realize I had because I imported these records off of an EXCEL spreadsheet. When making a new record is there a way to add those same "USE"  criteria in the one field that uses a drop down from the value set or would it be better to just make that a regular edit box? Would that work? Thank you. 

I don't quite understand your question.  Are you saying when you do the import, the USE field is not on the spreadsheet and not imported and you want to add it?  Or is the USE field is on the Excel spreadsheet and not getting imported?

This topic is 2536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.