<unknown> script steps in ScriptMaster v5

This topic is 2481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I downloaded ScriptMaster v.5 (info tells it's v. 5.03, but downloaded file is 5.02). Registered plug-in in FileMaker Pro Advanced v14.

Running any implemented script shows info: The previous script step, "<unknown>", could not be completed because of error. Do you wish to continue with this script? with Cancel and Continue buttons.

When clicking Continue in open Script Debugger are visible few lines with steps "<unknown> [ NOT IMPLEMENTED]" in "Run script" script. After clicking Continue 2 times script ends, but do nothing.

The same is with "AutoUpdate ScriptMaster Plugin" at startup of ScriptMaster.fm12 file.

Is there something missing in ScriptMaster plugin, or I'm doing something wrong?

Marek

Edited by snm

It's one of original filemaker scripts included in ScriptMaster.fm12 file.
First time just at open downloaded ScriptMaster.fm12 file, when it want to check autoupdate (each time when you open file).
Then after open if you want to run any script (choose one of original scripts and click "Run Script" button). When I look at included FM scripts, there are a lot of such missing script steps (look for "<unknown> [ NOT IMPLEMENTED]" in "Run script" script.

p.s.
When will be available version 5.0.3 of ScriptMaster for download as described at download link (now is only 5.02.01)?

Marek

FYI....
Version 5.03 (5/12/2017)
* Fixed an issue that prevented plug-ins from loading in Windows Server 2012r2
* Fixed an incorrect licensing error when attempting to generate plugins with ScriptMaster Advanced

Version 5.02 (5/11/2017)
* No longer requires Java installation
* Can use plugin functions as script steps with a user-friendly GUI for specifying parameters
* Better error reporting in scripts
* Compatible with FileMaker Cloud
* Better compatibility with FileMaker Server for Perform Script on Server and scheduled scripts
* Each plugin runs in a separate process, increasing reliability and stability
* Plugins can be reliably unloaded, making it possible to auto-update without restarting FileMaker
* Where appropriate, plugin parameters can be selected from pull-down lists and checkboxes
* Support for streaming large container data, allowing unlimited amounts of data to be transferred between FileMaker and the plugin without running out of memory.
* Compatible with the older plugin API, so you can continue to use your existing scripts and calculations with the new plugins.
* Corrected URL for help button in plugin configuration dialog

I think what is happenig here is that the plugin function is registering a different verison of the function (with a differnet internal ID) so it can not be tied up internally so FileMaker tells you it si missing.

This will be a complete pain if you have to go through every line changing the function call, AND means that it is not backwards compatible with a mixed 15/16 environment

There is  a discrepancy with the way that some older versions of the demo file output the code we paste into our files, see a previous thread for details..

Not sure about that fyi Ron asw the other threads here show that 5.03 in not working..

I checked 5.03 - it's still the same. It'll be not problem to solve it if we know what function (functions) are missing. I found 3 places only with missing functions in 2 scripts.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 2481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.