This topic is 2533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Folks,

I've broken a pdf saving script which used to work. The filename itself hasn't changed so I don't think that's the problem (there are no /s for instance) - I'm pretty sure it's the file path and Mac OS re-organising itself to sync with iCloud.

I'm trying to save PDFs to Dropbox and I think that the Dropbox folder on my my has changed location. According to info, the location is /Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library.

The calculation I'm using to set the location variable is below; can anyone see where I'm going wrong? (I've also tried various combinations of filemac: / file: / .. / : etc having read the FM creating file paths webpage.)

"filemac:../Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library/Set Lists/"
 & 
Gig::Gig Name
&
" - "
 & 
Gig::Version
 & 
" Set List.pdf"

You are trying to use a relative path - and we cannot help you with that, because we don't know where your solution file is located. But surely you could use an absolute path that would start with:

"filemac:/YourHardDiskName/Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library/Set Lists/"

Huge thanks yet again - that did the job :-)

As an aside; the database file itself had been moved by Mac OS when I started syncing files with iCloud. - so the database itself was on iCloud! - I've moved it now - I suspect that would have been a recipe for disaster..

Very best wishes,

Mike

3 hours ago, MikeKD said:

I suspect that would have been a recipe for disaster..

I suspect the same.

Note also that you can take advantage of Filemaker's path functions - for example, your Dropbox folder appears to be a sibling of your Documents folder, so you could use:

Substitute ( Get(DocumentsPath) ; "/Documents/" ; "/Dropbox/KJA Music Library/Set Lists/" )

to get the same result as shown above (provided your hard drive or your user name is not "Documents").

Edited by comment

This topic is 2533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.