This topic is 2520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I solved my last problem but now I want to have a better user interface.

we use the portal to show which filter used on machines like this.

But now I don't want to use portal I want to use repetition field but if I do this work I have problem with user interface because when user press add new button other fields must go down like CDBABY picture 

spot (1).jpg

spot (2).jpg

spot.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ali A. said:

I don't want to use portal I want to use repetition field

What makes you think a repeating field would provide a better user interface - or better anything - than a portal?

(I am afraid I did not understand your description, but I am not sure it's important that I do.)

6 minutes ago, comment said:

What makes you think a repeating field would provide a better user interface - or better anything - than a portal?

(I am afraid I did not understand your description, but I am not sure it's important that I do.)

So, sir, I don't want to use portal how can I do this work like CDBABY?

3 minutes ago, Wim Decorte said:

Why don't you explain how CDBABY works or what about it that you really like or that your users expect?

Pretty sure that repeating fields are not going to be the answer.

Hi @Wim Decorte, So what is your Suggestion? If I don't what to use portal in this project

You make it really hard to help you.

Whether you want to use portals or not is totally irrelevant at this point.  You first have to articulate what it is you want to do.  Saying "something like CDBABY" is meaningless to us, and so is posting only screenshots without explanation.  The only thing we can do with that is infer meaning and make assumptions about what it is you want.  We shouldn't be making assumptions to help you; you need to explain exactly what it is you want to see and exactly what you should happen when the user goes through your UI.

You can't do what you want without a portal. FileMaker doesn't allow you to dynamically add fields to a layout.

If you really want to get rid of the portal, then you have to pre-define the filter fields on the layout and conditionally hide them until such time they are needed. Which means you'll be limited in the number of filter fields to whatever amount you set. With a portal you can have 1, 10, 25 or any number.

You can create a similar feel in a portal, by putting add buttons on portal rows and making the rows higher than they are now.

This topic is 2520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.