Communication Error with server

This topic is 2521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

THIS IS VERY URGENT -- client needs to deploy Tuesday, May 30 or wed may 31 at the latest and we are in final testing

I keep getting a communication error with server message as soon as i try one way sync from iPad spoke to Server. 

This is the same FileMaker db used last summer with mirrorSync 2. that worked like a charm it was perfect.

Here is the exact error message: Error from server: You can only have records in FIleMaker GO or Pro if you are syncing with an exact copy of the file. Remove all records in the database or save an empty clone and try again.

W are using FileMaker server 15 on a Mac os 10.12.5 with an IPad OS 10.3.2  

It is a single db with multiple tables with developer ID, and layouts and fields as per recommendations. This same setup as last year with version 2.5 of Mirror sync.

Both versions are completely emptied. I even tried to create a very small db with only the minimum necessary fields 1 table and same issue

Thanks

IMG_0114.PNG

Looks like your configuration is not set correctly. I would start with that. The error tells you what the problem is. You are syncing an "Exact copy". I'm not sure the 360Works people will be around before Tuesday.

Hi, I just replied to your separate help ticket, but I'll post here as well in case anybody else has the same issue. The problem is that you're doing a one-way sync from the offline file to the server (which is fine), but some of your tables contain record data. On the initial sync, tables which are configured to be one-way from spoke to hub must start off empty. After the initial sync is complete, it's fine to add records to the table.

I'll work on correcting the error message to make this more clear.

This topic is 2521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.