Can't Set Up MirrorSync

This topic is 2502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been trying to set up MirrorSync with my database.  I am fairly sure I have followed the instructions but when I try to up all my sync tables I get an erroras shown in the attachment.  The are 24 tables in total.  I have tried a shared server 14 in Sydney from FMPHosts for several weeks.  I contacted MirrorSync and they think it may be the server speed.  I and am now trying a dedicated server 16 also from FMPHosts and still getting the same errors.  I have checked all the tables to ensure there is a creation timestamp, modification timestamp and created by field.  There were a few tables that had a modified field and I thought this may be the problem.  I removed those fields but it didn't fix the issue.

Has anyone come across this before?  Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Server error.tiff

Hi Jesse,

Yes, I need help.  This is driving me crazy.  I know your system works and it is the sync solution I want to work with.  Tsiry has been helping me out a bit but I am still getting nowhere fast.  Tsiry did test this out on your server but because I do not have an account, I could not download the database to properly test out the syncing.  I am now considering buying a good computer, putting Filemaker server 16 on it, installing the MirrorSync client on that and then doing it all from my home. This is going tobe an expensive exercise and a very time consuming one as well.  Not to mention that I will have to learn how to instal and run the server and the MirrorSync side of things.  In hindsight, it may have been easier for me to learn how to make my own syncing solution.

I don't know if the problem is the server or the way I have setup the database.  Can you please have a good look at this and help out?

This is the one drive link to my file:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap_yV4dRFSjEgsV-rL0nEe9ag0nt8g

I can send the password to you in a separate email if you want.

It should be very simple to set up MirrorSync at home - just download the installer from http://mirrorsync.com and run the Window or Mac installer as appropriate. If you don't have a server operating system, you might need to use port 42424 (like this: http://yourServerAddress:42424/MirrorSync), but everything else should work normally.

Setting up FileMaker Server on your home computer might be a little tougher, depending on whether your operating system is supported.

If you want, I can work with Tsiry on figuring out how to fix the download issue so that you can test the sync on our server.

Yes, can you please ask Tsiry to set up the file I gave you.  She has my password but I can send it again if required.  This file is a bit different to the one she set up for me before.  I will send her a reply to her previous email as well.  Thanks for your help.  I sincerely hope we can get this going soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jesse,

I had MirrorSync working well on your server.  I have signed up for a month at the moment.  I made some major changes to my file and deleted the old one, installed a new and then I couldn't sync.    The error that came up was that I didn't lacked privileges or the object was not found (screen shot attached).  Tsiry this problem by restarting the MirrorSync Instance.  I have again made changes, reloaded the file and edited the MirrorSync configuration file.  The same error has come up.  Tsiry replied to my report and stated that the problem could be solved in the same way but, she never gave me instructions on how I can restart the instance.  How is this done from my end?

Lack of priveleges.tiff

So when this happens I am stuck without any means of syncing?  This happened to me on at the end of the week and with time differences between Australia and the US it means that I can't get a resolution until basically Tuesday the next week (today).  I have just tried a sync and now I get another error saying that I can only have records in Filemaker Go or Pro if I have an exact copy of the file.  I am assuming that is because I have added records over the weekend and I now can't sync them?  I now need to delete all my files and reload them from the server?  That is going to take ages and I will need a good stable internet connection.  I am currently in a very poor service area and using mobile data.  All my data will be gone in no time.

I guess my only answer to this is to give you a link to my One Drive file, you load it up on your end and you test it out form please.

This topic is 2502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.