How to format currency in a scripted popover object

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi people, I am at a total loss here so any help appreciated! New to using popovers hence my question: a button/script that sits 'within' a popover panel then accesses a named object which allows creation of a service/product with a price on it. Problem: the price is in $ and I want £ ... BUT I can't then get that object up in layout mode to format currency as it disappears when I access layout mode!

I seem to be able to access the initial popover ok and have changed currency on that one but this has really got me! Heeeelp!

Many thanks in advance. Cheers

Hi,

Sorry I meant to say: the individual fields are sitting on the popover and the popover is activated by a button/script that's set to 'go to object'.

When I created a button just to go to that object and then enter layout mode the object (and fields I wish to format currency for) disappear!

I am not sure I understand the problem. To open a popover in Layout mode, you need to double-click the popover button (or select the popover button and choose Display Popover from the Format menu). That is the actual popover button created with the popover; your additional button that performs a script is useless here.

Thanks for your reply: what I have is in the 'starter solution' > invoices
It's where you add an invoice item to an invoice and can then add a new service from that pop up: the additional pop up is not a 'pop up' button but a button attached to a script which opens up an object that has the fields I want to format. It says 'popover' in the script but I cannot get to that layout - it doesn't exist as a layout as such.

4 minutes ago, FileDumb said:

the additional pop up is not a 'pop up' button but a button attached to a script which opens up an object that has the fields I want to format

And what exactly is this "object that has the fields I want to format"?

It's called "New Product Panel"
It looks like when the first popover is open that when this script is activated it 'slides across' to this object.
The script I refer to is one labelled 'Popover | New Product'
Script steps are:
• Set Field [GetNextSerialValue (Get (FileName) ; GetFieldName (All products | Popover::SERVICE ID MATCH FIELD))
• Set Script Animation [On]
• Set Field [New Product | Popover::Category; "Product"]
• Commit Records/Requests [no dialog]
• Go To Field [select/perform; New Product | Popover::Item]

That's it - it's a short script but I can't fathom how it's getting to the layout/object I want to edit the fields on for currency formatting purposes... [emoji53]

Got it! I double clicked on the first popover window (not the popover button but the window itself once opened) and accessed the 'slide control'. I had not, hitherto, seen this. There I could select 'slide 2' and access the 'New Product' panel and format the currency.
Thank you all for assisting as best you could: I hope this might help someone else like me, unfamiliar with all the 'popover' bits & bobs. It looks like a very useful tool too.
Cheers

12 minutes ago, FileDumb said:

I hope this might help someone else like me, unfamiliar with all the 'popover' bits & bobs

This has nothing to do with "the 'popover' bits & bobs". Apparently, you have a slide control object inside your popover panel, with its navigation dots hidden. 

17 minutes ago, FileDumb said:

I double clicked on the first popover window (not the popover button but the window itself once opened)

No, you double-clicked the slide control object, thus opening the Slide Control Setup window. The fact that all this happens inside a popover panel is immaterial. 

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.