find data in single record and go to field script

This topic is 2507 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys can anyone advise me where to start with my following problem.

I have a "single record" with several image containers fields, each image also has an identifying code ref field e.g.: 0003889

when i search 0003889 in quick find how can i ask filemaker to find and highlight the field containing the 0003889 data field?

The purpose is to show where on the page that code/image is placed on the layout

many thanks for any advise you experts can offer.

Hi does anyone know if its possible to write a script that will search a single active record for data containing a unique 7 didgit number and then select that field?

many thanks for any pointers...

This seems like a rewrite of your previous question:
http://fmforums.com/topic/101657-help-find-and-highlight-field-data-with-quickfind/#comment-462727

Now, while you could use Perform Find/Replace (searching current record, all fields), the better solution would probably be to change your data structure so that the fields become individual records in a related table.

• Like 1

If you just want to "highlight" your search result, you could just add Conditional Formatting to your fields, so if they match what you entered in QuickFind they will be highlighted. Of course, then you want to replace QuiCkFind with a scripted QuickFind so you can temporarily store your search criteria.

360Works' Scribe plug-in also does highlighting text.

• Like 1

Hi Agnes thank you for your advise, i will look into your suggested solution.

I am very grateful for your response ive been scratching my head for days on this 

17 hours ago, comment said:

This seems like a rewrite of your previous question:
http://fmforums.com/topic/101657-help-find-and-highlight-field-data-with-quickfind/#comment-462727

Now, while you could use Perform Find/Replace (searching current record, all fields), the better solution would probably be to change your data structure so that the fields become individual records in a related table.

Thank you comment for your invaluable help.

Thanks again...

Edited by beckham

This topic is 2507 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.