<Function Missing>

This topic is 2493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I won't bore you with ALL the trouble I have had trying to install the Email plugin on our FMS 14. Suffice it to say, we purchased the plugin months ago and couldn't get it to work (v2.17) only to give up. We upgraded yesterday to v3.05 in hopes of not having to deal with downgrading Java on our server to get it to work. The short of it now: I have the email plugin installed on our server with all appearances of it installed and activated. However, the plugin does not show up in any hosted database on that server. The example database supplied (opened from the server) displays the <Function Missing>. An exhaustive search of Google has not provided any insight.

Once last night I received the error in the console 'Status' "Plug-in failed to load: 360Works_Email.fmplugin", unfortunately I can not get this error, nor any other to appear again.

I have found the post about 'Plugin Failed to load' and have attempted to follow the instructions even though it was NOT an issue of moving the plugin from a different computer. I agree it is possible to be related to a permission issue, however, I have tried many times to remove and reinstall with different permissions and I get the same luck.

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

Edited by Goldrush

• Newbies

Now I have setup FMS15 for testing and I get the same results. This is so very frustrating. I am hoping for some help (soon), I'm sure it is a simple solution, but after exhausting Google and your support forum, I am at a loss.

Please don't tell me that I MUST downgrade Java to Java 6 in order for this to work, that would just be silly.

Hi Goldrush, 

I am sorry to see that you are having trouble getting the plugin up and running.

Of note and for your's and other's information, Email 2 does require Java 6 but you do not have to uninstall any other versions of Java. You can have multiple versions of Java installed on a machine and the software will use the one it needs. Email 3 does not require Java 6 so no worries there.

With that being said, installing the plugin on FileMaker Server does not enable it for use it in FileMaker Pro, regardless of the file being hosted, unless you are calling your scripts via Perform Script on Server. If you need to edit and/or write scripts in FileMaker Pro that use plugin functions then you will need to install the plugin locally. This is why you are seeing the <function missing> in your scripts. Additionally, upon first initialization the plugins need to download support files in order to operate. If this process can not complete for whatever reason then the plugin will fail to initialize.  It looks like this is the case for you. Please follow the instructions here to manually complete the process. If you are still having issues, follow the instructions on how to submit your logs to our support system and we will investigate the issue further. 

• Newbies

Thanks for the information. I actually had a colleague point me in the right direction.

I failed to understand that in order to use a client, I had to have the plugin installed locally.

It makes total sense, I would have known this if I was more familiar with FM Plugins.

This topic is 2493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.