Unable to connect to Dovecot OSX server

This topic is 2063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I downloaded the demo plugin and opened up the Sample Client. I entered an account and tried to connect to our email server running on an OSX server. The email server is Dovecot. I could not get it to connect:

No login methods supported!

The error above was the only thing I was getting. I tried with and without SSL and a variety of ports and both IMAP och POP3. 

The only thing resulting in a slightly different response was connecting on port 110 with no SSL:

+OK Dovecot ready. <d6a2.a82db.5b83ca88.xerLadTBA/DFN/[email protected]>

Still nothing is being fetched and I am getting nowhere. 

I can't find any information on which login methods is supported by the plugin. We are currently using Dacons Mailit and it's working "OK". I'd like to evaluate the 360Works pugin, but so far I can't even get it to work. 

Hi AndreasG,

I don't have any experience with Dovecot specifically but the Email plugin uses the Java Mail library which should have the capability to connect to pretty much any mail server. I suspect there is just something missing from the connect function that the mail server is expecting. Can you please send your plugin logs to our support system? To do so, first reproduce the errors you are seeing, and then see this page for log locations, attach those to an email, link this forums post, and send it to [email protected]

This topic is 2063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.