This topic is 3517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For anyone in the printing industry, the new features in V7 for dynamically applying color to text and so is very interesting. I have been working on an app that uses the features. I created a table with "all" of the Pantone PMS colors and their RGB values and Hex values. I am attaching an xml file with the values. originally the values came from Reed Design. Maybe someone else can benefit too.

PMS_RGB_Hex.zip

Interesting. I just created a small DB with names, hex values, and color swatches for some of the web safe values, only 30 or so values.

For some strange reason, I would get a color shift back and forth between FM and PhotoShop using copy-and-paste. I circumvented the problem by using another application to copy the swatches, but I'm curious if anyone can explain why the color shift would occur?

Normally I use a PC for FM, but I'd deliberately sought out a Mac to better zero in on the color palettes.

Any ideas?

Very nice. I had done color swatch as text, with the ability style with font, color, size, and style. Kind of a preview thing, where the user can type in a font name and select the style choices from check boxes and so on.

This is nice thanks for sharing. I have not confirmed whether these are completely accurate for color when printed. But they seem to be a good representation.

24U software also has a free plugin that will fill a container field with a specified RGB color. Could be used to display the selected color without maintaining color swatches as you can define the container via calculation. Works great.

• 10 years later...

This is cool. I am creating an Ink Inventory system for our ink kitchen. We mix our own flex inks for PMS and special match colors. My question is for Robert Schaub. How can I incorporate your list into my database? I have a growing list of PMS inks that we have in stock and would like to show a color swatch of the PMS color beside the name. Thanks in advance!

Bempster

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.