5 remote users to FM 6

Jalz

This topic is 7119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

Need some advice. I installed a 8 user FMP6 solution on a local area network which was based on the Mac platform.

I now have the need to connect possibly another 5 users to the database, but I need to do this remotely. I have used Terminal services before in the past to connect users to a PC.

My problem is the client doesn't want a PC on his network (he doens't want to learn yet anothe OS), os my question is does any software similar to TS exist on the Mac.

Can someone point me in the right direction, with prices and any drawbacks of using remote software to connect 5 users to my db

Thanking all in advance

Cheers

Jalz

Thanks for the info,

Do you know if the citrix Metaframe, the software I need will run on the MAC OS X machine as a host. I know the thin clients will work, just want to make sure that the "hosting" software will install on the OSX machine

Pricing looks like its a subscription only frown.gif . I wanted to buy the product outright.

Hi Transpower,

I spoke to a Citrix systems tech today, they said I can only install the server on a windows NT box or a Unix Solaris system. The clients however, will work on Mac OS X and 9 machines.

Pity, but it was a good suggestion Transpower-atleast I know more about the citrix technology.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jalz

This topic is 7119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.