Filemaker with MS InfoPath

This topic is 5060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone used FileMaker with Microsoft InfoPath? If so, how difficult is it? My company has developed a Portal and are saying that FileMaker will not work as is (which I don't believe)and that we would have to go through InfoPath. InfoPath states that it will work with Access, of course, so it should work with FileMaker. Right?

• 5 years later...
  • Newbies

I have the same question. By all accounts, you should be able to import Infopath generated xml into Filemaker but I haven't had any luck personally. Granted I'm a novice with xml and xslt style sheets, but I haven't been able to make it work. Attached are examples of the Infopath form I'm trying to import, and the style sheet I'm using to interpret it. I finally got the errors to stop and Filemaker gives me the import window and says it's imported a record. Problem is, there's no data! All supposedly imported fields are blank!

Anyone have any success with this?

Thanks!

(right click and "save link as")

Infopath Form

Style Sheet

It's because you did not include the root element, which is "my:AdOpsIntake". Try this line instead for the template match:

[P.S. Unless you particularly want it, you do not need to include the "my:" prefix for the METADATA field names.]

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.