Insufficiant Memory Erro

Navigating

This topic is 6742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have a client running FMP 5.5 on a Win2000Pro - She just installed a new printer yesterday (HP Color LaserJet 2550L) and now when she attempts to print anything from FMP 5.5, all that prints is a page with the following info:

PCL XL error

Subsystem: Text

Error: InsufficientMemory

Operator: Text

Position: 193

I had her change the print spooling to "Print directly to printer", that didn't solve the problem. I had her check Preferences > Application > Memory which is set to save to disk every 10 minutes and cashe is 512.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Sheryl

Sheryl:

It sounds like a driver issue - I don't know enough about PCL error codes to give you a better answer than that. Perhaps someone else will be able to be of more help.

Has she tried to print a simple page of text - say just a field - as a test?

-Stanley

• 5 months later...

I have this same problem since upgrading to FM7 (on Tiger).

If you print to PDF, and look at the file attributes, it appears that FM is trying to send a copy of the font after each line. As a result, the postscript file is bloated. If you are trying to consolidate PDFs from FM7 (tried it under 8 as well - may be worse, not better) using Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat freezes up when you get to "Consolidating Duplicate Fonts." FM is the only app I am seeing this with, all the apps from, say, Office, are fine.

This is causing me fits - I can't print my reports half the time. Today I tried to print a 20 page report; the printer ignored it (what it does when as it displays "insufficient memory" message). Saved as a PDF from OSX, the size of the file was 10.6 MB. Is this a known issue? Or is there some setting I am missing (I have tried setting the printer to lower resolution, this doesn't seem to help - the problem really seems to be the file bloat because of FM trying to send fonts to the printer that ARE NOT NEEDED!!).

This topic is 6742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.