Displaying data in Side-by-Side Portals

SteveB

This topic is 8207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi:

I've got a main file (File A) and a subfile (File B). On one layout in File A I have 2 portals into File B. I want to display the first 25 records in the left portal, and the second 25 records in the right portal.

Each record in File B has a sequential # from 1 to 50.

The left side works fine (it displays all the records, but since I don't have scroll bars displayed, only the first 25 rows are visible.

I tried the following calc in file B:

cRightPortal= Case(RecordNum > 25,1,0)

I set up a relationship in File A where the File A constant 1 =

File B::cRightPortal

I'm using FM5 on Win 98. Thanks.

And the question is? I assume you were going to say that the right side is not working? Take a look at the key calculation and make sure that the field type (number) is correct and that indexing is set to "on", check the relationship setup, etc. It should work fine, "something you know, ain't so".

-bd

Yes, the question is: Why doesn't the right side portal display records 26 and above. What it now displays is record # 1 eleven times (there are only 36 records in File B). I've checked the relationship, and the record numbering and both seem okay.

• 1 month later...

why dont you just create 2 relationships, the first based on a filed (in related) which is

if (serialnumber <=25;1;2) and a constant calc of 1, the second with a constant calc of 2.

If you want to be able to add records (to the 2nd portal, I suppose), just add a self-join on the related file, and a second field (your new key), which auto-enters the calculated value by self-join relationship.

This topic is 8207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.