[8] Do you wish a scrollable checkbox set ?

This topic is 6413 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Daniele your briliant, i've been needing to include a checklist for a long time now and have been struggling to find a way to incorporate in a compact way, this will be great.

Cheers,

~Genx

Daniele, very nicely done :)

I embellished it a bit by applying some of the unicode techniques I learned from FileMaker Magazine

This will allow you to stylize your check boxes. I also tweaked the check/uncheck script. :P

- I haven't tried this on the WIN yet to see how it looks.

Scrollable_checkbox_set.fp7.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

That's great.

However, if you're not dealing with more record ID's than can fit in a single field, the attached example works without any scripting. Simply adding or removing a value from the values file updates the list for every record.

Unfortunately it still won't work in find mode, though you can search for values throught the 'Related Values' portal.

Scrollable_checkbox_set_v2.fp7.zip

That's a very interesting idea. I didn't quite get the limitation of "dealing with more record ID's than can fit in a single field".

Seems to me the main downside here is the inability to create sub-summarized reports - as is always the case with a many-to-many relationship without a join table.

Hi rabaudi !

I have done a little sample inspired by You with Scrollable Check Box and a Portal Found Set to "Find" the records again!

rgds

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?fid/25/tid/178663/pid/214581/post/214581/#214581

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like, for every List record, there are as many Values records as there are value list items. I'm thinking about a value list of 40 items, 10-20 characters long, of which on average 1 or 2 are actually checked. There will be 14,000 master records....

Without doing the arithmetic, this approach seems pretty wasteful; is it in fact?

Edited by Guest
This is response to original post, not ohgo

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I think applying the scroll function to the check box to be good including the meaning that saves the mounting area. However, I think that being possible to have a look at the check as being in the example of the check sheet is personally good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.