Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Password issue

This topic is 8712 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 3 weeks later...

From my experiences and observations using FMPro 4.0v3

Answer 1. There is a command "change password" available in script.

Answer 2. It is possible to change the contents of a field, and passwords are found in fields.

Answer 3. Are you dealing with one password for all users to access your 75 files? If so, see above.

Answer 4. Are you dealing with a password for each user? If so, whether you use one db with several layouts, or several db's each with but one layout, or several db's with various numbers of layouts, you can control access using the password and/or other unique identifier(s) (alone or in combination) in scripts to control access.

I hope you find your answer in this.

Peace

Keith M. Davie

Thank YOu for your adivce. I currently have User profile that keep every user's password and unique ID and Build in password (under FMP group access level). once a while I manualy change master password and others. I'm not sure how it work under script to change master password (Built-In).

Thank you again.

I don't know how many users you have to be concerned with or in what manner, or how many layouts or db's are involved, or what restrictions you are trying to put on things.

Understanding how to use the script features of FMPro are very important.

Let's say you are concerned with employees having access to certain data within records and editing and deleting capabilities for records. It is possible to write FileMaker

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 8712 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.