Server admin login failed - FM Server 7

This topic is 6315 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've got FM Server 7 running on a Windows 2003 box. This has been stable for a couple of years, and we have been using external authentication to domain groups in our Active Directory for the databases hosted on the server, as well as authentication through an fmsadmin group in the Active Directory for the server administration tool.

Recently we have been unable to login to the server administration tool - we get a "login failed " error message, or just a failure with no error message - but the external authentication for the databases is still working fine.

We noticed this problem after application of the last bunch of Microsoft patches, but we don't know if that is what caused the problem. We have tried updating FM Server to 7.04, but that didn't help.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any suggestions about how to get back into the administrator?

Thanks!

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any suggestions about how to get back into the administrator?

It's a known, if esoteric, issue. Contact me off line and I will explain how to fix it.

Be careful of applying OS level patches automatically, especially while FIleMaker Server is running.

Steven

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

hi there,

we have a similar problem with fm server 8.

we want to use "sso" to authenticate our filemaker 8 clients with our active directory. we configered the filemaker 8 server as described in the Server External Authentication manuel. it works fine for some time but than the filemaker server seems to loos contact to active directory and no authentication is possible.

we can´t log in the serverplugin nor to the clients can authenticate.

after restarting the server it works again (for some time). (filemaker server runs on a windows 2000 memberserver)the domaincontroler runs with windows 2003

what can we do?

greetings

gebhard

• Newbies

Is the FileMaker Server a member of the AD domain? If it is not, that could be the source of the problem here. These things are very difficult to diagnose remotely, but double check that.

Steven

yes the w2k-server is a memberserver of the ad domain, but we will install the server with windows 2003 and try it again...

I will tell if I it was succesfull...

thanks

gebhard

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6315 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.