EA - what groups and where

This topic is 6292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I am new to FM and am now responsible with setting up a FMS8 on a Win2k3 server on an AD. Clients are WinXP but will use FMPro8.5 as published Citrix app. EA ("scenario 2") will be used since all users have AD accounts.

Assuming groups are defined on AD domain controller and not on local server, how many groups are required? Is this related to how granular the security requirements are? From what I understand, FMS recognizes only group names and not usernames for authorization.

Is "fmsadmin" a special group name that must be used for the administrative security group? Is this a local group on the server or global group on AD?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I have answered my own questions. "fmsadmin" is a special group name that the admin tool looks to if that option is checked under "administration. It allows members of that group to do admin tasks on the server.

Groups can be defined on the AD controllers or on the local server itself as I have done. The number of groups depends on how many different levels of authorization are required.

This topic is 6292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.