Data does not go thru to Database

This topic is 6273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Please help...

I have developed a website in .NET for my company which has a "Service Request Form" which feeds data to our FMP database. I don't know if its a bug or not but when a user submits the form, most of the times the data gets fed to the database but sometimes it just won't go. I believe it happens with particular user(s) only. We have tested it so many times and it goes thru everytime. I have tried to catch the exception and have it sent to me as an email but I did not get any email when that user tried to submit the form (though I receive error email when I create an exception deliberately).

Please, please, please help...

Thank you all,

Max

oh? Why wouldn't they give you the info? They can export it and email it or you can go on site and check it out. Without it you're mostly shooting in the dark. Especially since you can't reproduce it on your machines or get an error from that user's machine.

thanks a lot Wim...i like your dedication to helping others...

I believe I found the problem and the cure...the problem was with single quotes included in the textbox values...for example the name D'Souza...

this gave a Parse Error in SQL exception...i fixed this by using a replace function like this in C#...

string temp = TextBox1.Text;

temp = Regex.Replace(temp, "'", "''");

I have requested an EvenLog from the customer...but I am hoping this was the only problem...

thanks again,

Max

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.