Possible to authenticate using Active Directory with a single user from a group?

This topic is 6261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking to add a single user from a group, but deny access to the rest of the group.

Not going to work. The authentication is Group based. Create a Group for that user and add the user to the nwe group. You can leave the suer in the old larger Group.

Remember that the AD Group must have a counterpart in the Access Privileges inside the FMP file.

Steven

: (

I was hoping for something like:

Sure, just type GROUP/USERNAME into the groupname field and it will work.

Instead I got: Fill out a change notice for IT. Watch forms spin and meeting happen for the next 6 months, follow up when it seems like nothings happening. Do an ROI. Wait some more. Get denied because the ROI wasn't large enough...

Maybe I have been using macs for too long. I just expect hidden power user functionality in software now. : /

Drat. Foiled again.

Thank you for your help and clarification Steven.

Has nothing to do with with Mac vs. Windows. Has everything to do with internal politics and efficiency. It litteraly takes 10 seconds to do what you want done. How that is implemented in your company has nothing to do with their choice of platforms but everything with how they conduct business.

This topic is 6261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.