Ethical Dilemma

This topic is 6228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have an ethical/professional dilemma.

For 3 years i have sponsored an event by providing them with a software solution for managing all aspects of there project.

I now find myself in a position where i cannot afford the time to commit to the project.

The project is charitable in nature.

There project is a yearly event and it is still growing so they need to continue this growth in terms of the solution.

This leaves me with no alternative other than to provide them with developer level access to the files i have spent the last 3 years working on in order for them to hand the projcet to a new developer.

Problem is its my intellectual property.

Anyone got any ideas on how to handle this situation.

I am not in the business of giving my work away to other developers (especially when i have not been paid for it) but i am also not in the business of screwing a charity based organization.

Any suggestions would be great.

best

Stuart

I would probably start by getting something in writing from the charity acknowleding the fact that the rights to the application is yours and while you may allow them upon written consent to modify the application, it is at your discretion. I would also have it so that any developers that work on the application sign a disclaimer form as well.

Also you may want to get a lawyer to get the wording done right as well as possibly copyrighting the solution.

This topic is 6228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.