Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I have already posted a similar thread. But I am posting this after reading several articles and watching videos. Here is the scenario - We are converting all our filemaker 6 files to filemaker 7

This topic is 6060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have already posted a similar thread. But I am posting this after reading several articles and watching videos.

Here is the scenario -

We are converting all our filemaker 6 files to filemaker 7 files. We would like to use external server authentication. The open directory services is already up and running. I dont know if it is working properly because we never used it.

I have three machines -

Machine 1 - Mac OS X Server 10.3.9 - This machine runs the open directory services

Machine 2 - Mac OS X 10.4.10 - FileMaker Server Advanced 7 runs in this machine

Machine 3 - Mac OS X 10.3.9 - FileMaker Pro 7 client is installed in this machine and this machine accesses the databases hosted by the filemaker server.

Now, I have made the following settings.

1. Machine 1 - All the accounts and groups have already been defined. DNS is not running in this machine but is running in another server.

2. Machine 2 - Settings have been made to include both external and filemaker accounts in the FileMaker admin tool. Also, in the directory access, in LDAPv3, I have configured it to include the ip address of the open directory master. and also, the authentication tab includes the LDAP path.

3. In the filemaker file itself, I have created groups (set to be authenticated externally) and attched the group to a user defined privilege set. I have also ensured that this group is deifned in the open directory master and has accounts attached to it.

Now when I try to login from the client machine, I get this message - "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action"

I am able to access the filemaker file if I use an account that is defined locally in the same machine that has FileMaker Server 7 running in it (ie Machine 2)

Only when the domain controller comes into picture, its not working.

As part of my reading, I read tech briefs from the filemaker website, read the book Filemaker security: the book, watched the vidoes filemaker server 8 and filemaker security from VTC site. Yet, I am unable to fix this problem and am so frustrated.

I dont know if something is going wrong on the open directory master because even though its been running for many years at my workplace, i am not sure if it has ever been used. i am not a network person and am finding it difficult to comprehend the open directory stuff. The LDAP logs dont have any messages in them whereas the other logs such as directory server logs, directory error logs have messages in them. I dont know if this is the expected behaviour. But when I see the overview of open directory in server admin tool in Open directory server, I see that LDAP server (slapd), KDC are running.

Any inputs from anyone will be wonderful.

Thanks

This topic is 6060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.