hiding related fields in records

Colin_Taylor

This topic is 5938 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys. newbie here. Have simple plane load databsae with 1 record per person for every load. Once my staff have filled in the aircraft flight time for 1 record on load 1 how can i hide or fill in (checkbox etc)the next fields for aircraft time flight time in the records from the same load?

regards

Col

Hi Colin,

I'm afraid you haven't provided enough information for us to work with. How are you structured (how many tables, how are they related etc)? Do you have a Planes table which holds the plane's stats (how many seats etc), a Flights table which holds the plane's schedule? Do you have a Passengers table where you record each passenger?

...how can i hide or fill in (checkbox etc)the next fields for aircraft time flight time in the records from the same load?

Going only by this portion of the request, here's an idea (attached) to get started. But I have the feeling I'm missing the overall picture. If we know how many seats; and if we know all seats are taken, the relationship can be broken so no more bookings can take place. I'm hoping you are using records instead of multiple fields for this thing. But again, I'm working a bit blind. :wink2:

Update: I don't believe you need a custom function for this problem but I won't move the thread until you can clarify it for us...

LaRetta

Planes.zip

Thanks LaRetta

Amazed at how quick you reponded and with such enthusiasm. Thankyou. My database is as simple as as a straight line record record with fields for date, load number,pax name, pilot, , overall flight time in minutes, plane callsign etc

The first load might have three passengers so there will be three records all with the sortie time field. I only want one filled out and the others either hidden or cross hatched out etc. Think this is probably a calc but can you help

regards

Col

This topic is 5938 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.