new version of fmDotNet

This topic is 5807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Version 0.9.5 of the open source project fmDotNet was released today at www.fmDotNet.org.

fmDotNet is an open source project that allows .NET developers to easily connect to FileMaker Server Advanced.

According to Wim Decorte, creator of fmDotNet: "In the 22 months fmDotNet has been up it has racked up over 2600 downloads, or about 4 downloads each day and that is very remarkable for a niche tool targeted at the .NET developer who wants to work with FileMaker data without having to learn anything about FileMaker. fmDotNet has also sparked lively communications with FileMaker and .NET developers resulting in some of the excellent changes made to this version."

So what is new in version 0.9.5:

- fully compatible with FileMaker Server Advanced 9

- additional parameters for calling fmDotNet

* turn DTD validation on or off (kudos to Kenyon Porter for his research on this)

* specify how long to wait for FileMaker Server's response

- support for non-US date and timestamp formats (Kudos to Koen Van Hulle and John Blakeley)

- support for layout, field and value lists names that include non-standard characters (such as "&", ...)

fmDotNet and its source code is available from www.fmdotnet.org, together with a VB.NET and C# demo application.

Wim Decorte is the author of fmDotNet and heads up the custom FileMaker development team at New Millennium (www.nmci.com), a Boulder-based FBA Platinum member.

• 3 months later...

Hi Wim,

I want to know if fmDotNet can execute a script, for example: Perform Find, directly in a FM client file?

For example: I will have a website that use fmDotNet to trigger "Find a certain record" script. And in my FM client layout, I want to make that "Find a certain record" to be executed or triggered automatically. Will it be possible? Any ideas?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

FM client has an ActiveX interface that can call a script by name. But I don't see how you can trigger that from a web site.

fmDotNet is able to call the script server-side on FMSA but it doesn't interact with FM client.

Can you expand a bit more on what you want? Is it the same user with a browser open and FM client open?

Thank you for your response. Here is the thing that I want to do:

1. A php website will have a connection with a phone system. Basically, it would put a certain URL that contains a phone number and extension of a number. The PHP website will use FX.php to save that new record (phone number and extension) to the database.

2. After that, I want the new record creation would trigger "Find a certain record" script in every FM client that open that database.

So, is it possible using the FmDotNet? Or should I use a plugin in order to achieve this?

TIA for the comments.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 5807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.