External Authication works on fmapp but not IWP

This topic is 5926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there.

I have just recently migrated our FM7 server to a new box. Previoulsy all setup on 1 server and external authentication to AD worked like a charm. Now I have split the setup onto 2 servers - 1 web console - the other the the web publishing engine and server - setup B from the Web Publishing Manual. I have copied across all the databases (file copy) and I can open them all nicely from the File Maker client on my PC using accounts that are authicating against AD. The problme comes when I try and use IWP to open the databases, it simply keeps asking for user name and password. If i use an account name that is internal to FM server - works OK. The bottom line is that external accounts on IWP are not working. They work with the file maker client - just not IWP? Any ideas? I am all out!!

In the IIS Manager on the box running IIS, check to be sure that you have [color:red]enabled anonymous access and that you have [color:red]disabled all other methods for authentication for the web site, including Windows integrated Authentication. See what that does.

Also, did you switch versions of FileMaker Server? IWP supports authentication; it does not suppport SSO.

Steven

This topic is 5926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.