Problems with AD authentication

This topic is 5905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running a Filemaker Advanced 9 server on Mac OSX 10.4.x. It is bound to our AD. I have a DB setup with authentication to a group in the AD. I log in to my WIN XP PC which is part of the same domain, and try to open the DB - but authentication fails. However, at the login window that is presented, if i enter my domain username and password, i can access the DB. The authentication error shows my username as my AD username! Any ideas?!?! Thanks in advance.

This is the expected behavior. Single Sign On, as distinguished from External Server Authentication, is supported only from Windows clients to Windows OS servers running FIleMaker Server. It is not supported at all on Macintosh, because there is no concept of SSO in the Macintosh world.

Switch FIleMaker Server to a server running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP 2, and you can have SSO from Windows clients.

Steven

As this is the case, is there any way to stop the inital request made by my PC - as each time this fails i get a message from the server.

Short of tinkering with the FMP files themselves, not thatI know of atleast. Let me mull this over a bit.

Steven

This topic is 5905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.