serve 9 and external authentication

This topic is 5874 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Ok basically I have server 9 and pro 9 on a test server running windows 2003. I have the directory services configured and it passes the self test form the server admin console. I also have the filemaker server being published succesfully to directory services. now with the database i have enabled external authentication with the group superadmin. in active directory I have created a group called superadmin and added members accordingally. from what i understand this is the correct method of external server authentication. However when i try to log into the database with my AD user name and password it says i'm unable to log in with this username and password. Also i'm running windows XP service pack 2. i've exhausted my options someone please help me.

Edited by Guest

Do you have the matching superadmin Group in the files themselves?

Also be sure not to run FMP on the FMS machine at the same time you are running FMS there.

Also regarding:

I have the directory services configured and it passes the self test form the server admin console.

I presume you're referencing the LDAP registration. [color:red]This has absolutely nothing to do with External Server Authentication, This is simply registering the FMS machine in sort of a yellow pages directory of network resources.

Steven

• Newbies

I am running filemaker pro 9 on a seperate computer on the domain. the superadmin group has been added to the test database. it's set to authenticate through an external server and has full access. it still does not let me log in using my active directory user name and password.

now i'm not sure what else i should do to the actaull file, but from what i understand all i do is add a group name that is identical to the AD group name to the access list. then from AD i add the users to the group and there you have it.

any more help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic is 5874 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.