Employee Time Clock/Login

This topic is 4270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know of any off the shelf DB's for this. You might want to think about using the Employee Tracker template and modifying that to suit your needs.

What I have done in the past to help people in your situation is:

Start with personnel, Salary info, vacation time etc,

Next create a Days Table, Each Employee would get a Day record for everyday they "Clock in".

Create user names and passwords for every user that has a corresponding Personnel Record.

Then all you would need is a start up script that after login, finds their personnel record, and creates a new Day record with a time stamp for clock in. Same script could be used for a clock out. The script would see if there is a current day record for that employee if there is, time stamp in a clock out field.

Hope this at least can get you started.....

-Justin

• 2 weeks later...

i have a complete time-billing system which could easily be adapted. it was written for an employment agency hiring out temporary staff and i based the timesheet input on the filemaker example template. do you have a detailed specification of requirements for me to read, please?

regards

mike

email to [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Then all you would need is a start up script that after login, finds their personnel record, and creates a new Day record with a time stamp for clock in. Same script could be used for a clock out. The script would see if there is a current day record for that employee if there is, time stamp in a clock out field.

-Justin

I would like to see this script... I created an Access Database that does exactly what I want, however, with the user information being in a FM database, I am trying to make the same "time clock" function in FM Pro 10...

Going through my "Missing Manual" for FM Pro 9, I am having a hard time grasping the concepts of creating a script the "FileMaker" way... I just hate the GUI way... guess I've written code long enough to prefer to manually make it?

In VBA, I perform ifelse statements, whether there is any data in the "entry" field, whether the ID is valid, whether the user has clocked in already and has reached the limit of clock-ins.

Guess I will read on, eh?

Thanks for any help!!!

Punch It.

http://www.conceptualize.com

This PunchIt thing looks good. It's only $149 and that's less than any developer could charge for some custom file.

For $150 I could crank our some crude version, but for bugs and fixes, I'm a one man show... with PunchIt, you've got a larger company to answer you.

• 2 years later...

Inspired Time Clock

http://www.inspirationssoftwaredesign.com/products/inspired-time-clock

This is an unlocked FileMaker Time Clock solution, so you can customize it and/or integrate it with your existing solutions. Has some nice configuration options. Employees log into a FileMaker account to clock in and out. The user accounts are managed from within the solution. Very clean interface. It also includes basic CRM functionality.

We're working on a "locked" version as well that will have a lower price if you're not interested in customizing.

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

Does anyone know of a employee time clock type of database where the employee clocks in, using their own login and pass. To keep track of about 25 employees and their clock in/out times. Also for salary personnel to "check in" the office.

Hi Casey,

Yeah, there are tools that tracks your employees timings and updates it in its database that can be retrieved anytime. We use Replicon Inc - employee time clock that tracks login time, logoff time, time spent on stuffs, such as projects, tools, websites, etc.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.