How do I disable the ability to view a field but still allow scripts to use it..???

This topic is 5821 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm storing PHP code in a field and using the SmartPill plugin to run the PHP code within scripts. I'd rather my end-user's not be able to see the actual PHP code that's getting run.

I've got a separate user created and a separate privilage set setup but the closest I could come up with was saying No Access on that field for this user. This way the field actually says and they can't export that field, however, the scripts are also failing when they try and pull the data from that field.

Is there any way I can accomplish what I want? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

To anwser your question ;) a script or a sub-script can be performed in Full Access..

...but should your php code be on a user interface layout ?

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure I understand what you're telling me here..??

I don't want to allow Full Access. I'm distributing this as a runtime solution so I'm stripping the admin user out. I've got the normal user in there with access to pretty much everything except deleting records out of 1 database and I'd like to also disable their ability to view this one field in that same table, but they still need access from the scripts that run to pull the values from this field.

I can remove the field from the layout easily enough, but then if you go to export records you can see the PHP code that way.

I know I can remove the ability to export records for this user, however, one of the features in the solution itself uses the export records features.

This topic is 5821 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.