Replacing text with bullets in password field

This topic is 5812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know I saw an answer to this question somewhere on here but I couldn't find it after extensive searching: How do I replace text with bullets/dots in a text field I'm using for a secondary login screen? (I think it involves using a bullet font.)

Since users will be accessing the solution via the web, the Custom Dialog route won't work.

Thanks!

Rich

I would use the symbol font, it isn't a dot, but effectively hides the pw and doesn't have the problem of installing a new font.

Another solution would be to use a color for the font the same as the background of the layout you are using.

Jerry

Thanks for the input, Jerry. Actually, I used the text-the-same-color-as-background trick but the client complained that users were having trouble keeping track of how many characters they were typing when logging in. *heavy sigh* Make something fool-proof and they build better fools. :S

The problem with using the Symbol font is that a passerby can see which symbols are being used, go to another computer, then reproduce the password by going to the Character Map applet to decode the password. So, that's why a Bullet font would be best since no matter which character you type you get the same symbol/image.

There's BulletZ from Life $uccess Institute, a $15 set of specialty fonts that does everything you need. You can find a description of the fonts at www.LifeSuccess.org and order directly from the company. FileMaker templates are included with your purchase.

Hope this helps!

These ersatz fonts are generally not a good idea. Just copy something from the text block where they are entered and paste the result in Wordpad to see what is revealed. Why ae you not using the built-in FileMaker Pro password schema?

Steven

This topic is 5812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.