Citrix on 2003 SP2

This topic is 5811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm currently running 1 Citrix server with the following configuration that works perfectly:

Citrix Presentation Server 4.0

MS Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP1

FileMaker 9.0v1

Accessing from Windows XP ICA Client 9.230.50211

On a NEW second server, running through a different Citrix farm, I have the following:

Citrix Presentation Server 4.0

MS Windows 2003 Server SP2

FileMaker 9.0v1

Accessing from Windows XP ICA Client 9.230.50211

Because of our company divisions and licenses, this separation is required, however, both of the FileMaker clients will access the same FileMaker 9 Advanced Server.

All of these machines are on the same Domain, and the databases are configured to use External Authentication (and have been using for years).

The problem that I'm having is this:

On the NEW Citrix server, when I launch FileMaker Pro 9, and while in the "Open Remote" dialog, and click the server name, I'm getting a password challenge prompt that I should not be getting. If I enter my domain user and password, my list of databases is filtered properly, and I can enter any of the databases I have access to without any additional password challenge.

If I do the exact same process on the original Citrix Server, I do not get any password challenge when FM filters the list of databases, this only occurs on the new Citrix server.

Once I've launched a db from the new one, I can always relaunch it (without a password challenge) through the "Open Recent" menu, or just typing in it's server path and name.

This problem is very specific to the filtering of the database list based on the user credentials.

Is there any known incompatibilities with Windows 2003 Server SP2 that could potentially be the difference? FileMaker's documentation only mentions 2003 Server SP1, but I am looking for validation that it is indeed 100% incompatible (other users have bumped into this), and not just incompatible based on spec.

Is there something else that could be a factor that I should be looking at?

Tomorrow the plan is to do the obvious and reinstall the FM9 software with the latest v-rev, and keep trying to find the cause. Any additional pointers are appreciated.

Here is an update of what we've discovered so far:

We've upgraded to FM 9v.3 and this does not resolve the problem on MS Server 2003 SP2.

Just to be certain, we installed FM 9v.3 on a different MS Server 2003 w/ SP1. This works perfectly.

I would have to say it's simply not compatible with SP2.

Now the question is this, is this a MS or FileMaker, Inc issue? Is it reasonable to expect FileMaker should look into this problem for their current product running on a currently supported OS that MS is maintaining through service packs and updates? Or did MS break something in SP2 that they need to address?

Hmmm... Strange we are running Server 2003 with SP2 on our Citrix boxes and we have not come across these issues.

That is strange. You're 100% certain that the Machine that actually has the FileMaker Application being published from is Server 2003 SP2?

You're also running External Authentication and you're filtering the list of Databases based on user access to those databases? If I turn off filtering from the FileMaker Admin console, I don't get any password challenge, it's only when I turn on the database filtering and then click the host server do I get the problem.

If you can confirm those details, I would appreciate it as it could get us looking in a different direction.

This might be the first call to FMI for tech support...

Everything except the turning off filtering from the FileMaker Admin console...

So perhaps that is where the issue is. I would report this to FMI.

This topic is 5811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.