Resume paused script

This topic is 4973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If a script is paused indefinitely, and I'm running a second script in the meantime - how can I go back to the first script and resume it where it was left without using the FM native Continue button in the status area?

Well you can have a button that resume the current script. When you go to select a script, under the options, change it from the default to Resume.

Yes, the button option is the solution.

One of the dreams I have is an option for the Exit script[] step that would control paused script.

Tell me about it! That's exactly what I wish I could have...

Let's say you paused the script, and you have two buttons you place on screen for the user to choose from (either continue, or exit)... if I could AT LEAST PASS A PARAMETER to continue one way or another!

Sometimes I just wanna throw FM out the window...

Or, structure the original script into two parts: script A and script B where script B is the part that comes after the pause:

Script A will be:

Pause/Resume []

Perform Script [script B]

Instead of trying to resume script A, just kill it and run script B.

• 3 weeks later...

You're right, Comment - of course!

I just realized that if I wrap all of the code into parameter conditions, I CAN do that. The scripts doesn't "resume" where it left off, but it then doesn't matter if it starts at the beginning again, because only the part matching the new parameter is being executed.

:-)

• 2 years later...
  • Newbies

It would be a good idea, however, it is useless (well, more like extremely tedious) to do this if you want to use the "other script" (the script you paused the first one in order to run) along with multiple scripts that returns conditional data.

In my case, i want to run a script that

- defines attributes according to the button pushed

-pause the script to run a script that opens a custom "custom dialogue" box (with drop-downs and options)

-return to the original script with parameters from the first part of the script added to the second script and use those to generate a report.

I mean, it can be done, but it is going to be amazingly more difficult than it would have to be with a pause and resume situation (something like a customizable custom dialogue box) or a conditional resume button.

This topic is 4973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.