1 member of group has access, but the others don't

This topic is 5719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that is using IWP and some filemaker clients connecting to it via the server. I have groups in Active Directory/Workgroup Manager. One member has access to the records in the database and the other members of the same group do not.

Also I have members based on department--- so the group EOY_ACCT should have access to edit all records that dept="acct".... some members are in Acct and Theatre, but they only get access to Acct- not Theatre

Does it lock the records?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is very difficult to tell from your description what is actually happening here or how you have this system constructed. But here are a few general items that may help:

1. If an Account is in more than one Group, the Authentication order as shown in Manager Accoutns & Privileges determines the operative Privilege Set. One and only one Privilege Set is operative at a given time.

2. If you are mixing operating systems, hosting server on one and authenticating against another, you are very likely going to experience unexpected results. This is particularly true if the server is running on OS X.

3. There is a Tech Brief on External Authentication you might want to consult.

Steven

This topic is 5719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.