Authentication Order secondary to GID

This topic is 5720 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using Open Directory to Externally Authenticate my FileMaker Server databases in an all Mac environment. In most cases when a user is part of multiple Groups, the Authentication order set in that database is observed. However, when a the GID of the lower privilege group is lower than the GID number of the higher privilege group, then the user is given the lessor privilege. This happens regardless of the Authentication Order set in the database. Is it necessary to to have the GID of my OD groups created in ascending order based on access rights?

The order of your accounts in your FileMaker database is supposed to determine access privileges. Could be a bug?

• Newbies

I have solved the issue which turns out to be a system config/OD admin error. I neglected to look in the Local NetInfo of the FileMaker Server system for overlapping names. I had OD group names that conflicted with local accounts. The FileMaker server is one of our last 10.4 systems and our IT group have blissfully forgotten about NetInfo, when possible.

Thanks everyone for your attention to this.

This topic is 5720 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.