Server Maintenance This Week. ×

lock a record

This topic is 5710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create a field in the record, auto enter 1. Then in the Privileges Set definition, simply set the edit privileges to be this field.

When the field is changed from 1 to 0--by whatever process you use--the record will be locked for all users of that Privilege Set.

HTH

Steven

Steven,

Thank you; this is a great feature.

And it looks like it works fine on hiding records completely, too. I created a field called paperbin, and when a user "deletes" a record the value of paperbin is being set to 1. The calculation says records with paperbin = 1 cannot be viewed.

Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

: Mike

Using these settings in the RLA works great when hiding a record "completely" from users. I have a second request right away, if you don't mind.

I have different layouts: On the "Reference Mode" layouts the normal users can search and view records; and on the "Editorial Mode" layouts several editors can search, view and edit the records they are responsible for. When an editor works in "Editorial Mode" I do not want him to be able to see (and edit) records he is not responsible for. Currently, a search script takes care of this ("Constrain Found Set..."), But I'd prefer to do this in the Privilege Set right away. Is there a smooth way to do this?

Thank you,

Mike

This topic is 5710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.