'save records as pdf' in runtime doesn't work

tomp

This topic is 4571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

As my last 2 topics indicated, I've been struggling with creating a pdf file, inserting it for display on a layout, and then attaching it to a 'send mail' script step.

After getting it all to work in my scripts, I created the runtime and sent to my beta site.

In the runtime on both MACs and PCs, the 'save pdf' script step does not work - 'Save records as pdf has been canceled'.....

What's different in the runtime that causes this failure? What can be done about it, if anything (I hope!).

TIA

From Help > Contents > Using FileMaker Pro Advanced tools > About creating runtime solutions (FileMaker Pro Advanced):

"FileMaker Pro Advanced features are stripped from runtime applications. None of the commands on the File menu > Manage submenu are available in the runtime application. Runtime applications cannot be shared over a network and do not include the ability to Save/Send Records as Adobe PDF files. Using ODBC data sources in the relationships graph is not supported in runtime applications. For a feature comparison of the runtime application with FileMaker Pro, see the FileMaker Pro Advanced Development Guide."

• 2 years later...

However...there is a work-around;)

Install a free pdf program that will allow creation of pdf's and when printing choose print to pdf. That is what I recommend to my clients. Easy, fast and no more headaches...

I'm in the need of such solution - what program were you referring to?

• 4 months later...

This topic is 4571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.