FMS7 Administrator Won't Connect

laffmakr

This topic is 5532 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a mixed network of Macs & PCs connecting to FMS7 which is hosted on a Mac G4 running 10.3.5.

Yesterday I erased the HD several times, did a complete OS reinstall and did not update it. I reinstalled FMS7 and updated it to 7.04.

Yesterday when I left the office, FMS7 and Admin were both working perfectly.

When I open Server Administrator on the Server and connect to FMS, I get a blank info screen for about 30 seconds and then an error message saying it couldn't connect. This same thing was happening before the reinstall.

The Activity Monitor shows FMS running and we are able to connect to the database through FMS with no problems.

I've heard of this happening with Server 9 and Java updates, which is why I haven't done any OS updates. Everything has worked well for the past few years, it just seems to have gone wonky all of a sudden.

Thanks for any help.

AFAIK the FMS 7 admin tool doesn't use Java, it's an application the same as the FMS 8 admin tool.

If you did not update the OS then what's it running? 10.3.9 is very stable I'd be running the updater for that, if nothing else.

Check firewall settings.

• Newbies

AFAIK the FMS 7 admin tool doesn't use Java, it's an application the same as the FMS 8 admin tool.

I didn't know if it did or didn't, the only info I could find that related to the problem was the reported Java conflict with FMS9. I thought it might be the same with 7.

At that point my best option was to restore the machine to the last stable working configuration which is where it is now.

If you did not update the OS then what's it running? 10.3.9 is very stable I'd be running the updater for that, if nothing else.

The hosting machine is running 10.3.5.

Check firewall settings.

Just where they're supposed to be. Port 5003 is open on the hosting machine with the OS firewall off, 5003, 50003 and 50006 are open on the router with the hardware firewall on.

FMS 7 and Admin are on the same machine. It's a matter of it working one moment then not working the next.

This topic is 5532 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.