Webviewer Scroll Bar Problem

jgrunschel

This topic is 2823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Nearly everyone knows how to use a web viewer to display a map of an address; especially when the option is built right into the web viewer. (At least in FM10.)

Recently, I found a trick to put custom HTML code into the web viewer's url, to dynamically handle your solution's content. (See here and here.) Basically, I'm using the web viewer to handle an embedded google map using the address fields of the specific record. (The embedded map shows just the map and not all of the other "clutter" that maps.google.com gives you.)

I'm allowing the user to be able to interact with the web viewer so that they can move the map around and zoom out and such. However, when I do this, the web viewer automatically shows a vertical scroll bar, regardless of the length of the content.

I've attached a file demonstrating what I mean. There are three web viewers. The largest one uses the embedded map, and shows the scroll bar. The next largest is set up as a merge field. (I know that FM has built-in merge field capabilities. I just needed a quick web page with a short amount of content to test the scroll bar issue.) Lastly, the smallest web viewer is a copy of the other "merge field" web viewer, but I did not allow user interaction.

So, my question is how do I hide the scroll bar to the web viewer, when I am using custom HTML code?

Thanks!

WebViewer.zip

Well, you're not actually hiding the scroll bar. It's still there, but the colors are set to blend with the background.

The scroll bars (at least for me) take up roughly 18 pixels. So, blending them with the background gives an 18 pixel border on the right and bottom of the web viewer.

Like I said, it's not exactly what I was looking for, but I can make it work.

• 7 years later...
  • Newbies

yeah,

Raybaudi replied Try this, and i can not see what is try this ..

well i am showing one welcome message on my login screen using web viewer as a marquee

the code is

"data:text/html,
<html>
<head>
<style type=text/css>
html, body { margin: 0; padding: 0}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<marquee direction=left scrolldelay=26 scrollamount=3 behavior=scroll loop=0 style=position:absolute; id=Marquee1 onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start()><span style=color:#4682B4;font-family:Arial;font-size:21px;><strong>- DEMO<span style=color:#DD2067;font-family:Arial;font-size:21px;><strong> -DEMO TEXT- </strong></span><span style=color:#000000;font-family:Arial;font-size:21px;><strong> </strong></span></marquee>
</body>
</html>"

working purfectly, just i am getting scroll bar..someone said on forum adding {overflow:Hidden} to css will solve the problem, dont know where to add that..

please help..

Thanks in advance..

it's solved

"data:text/html,
<html>
<head>
<style type=text/css>
html, body {overflow:hidden} { margin: 0; padding: 0}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<marquee direction=left scrolldelay=26 scrollamount=3 behavior=scroll loop=0 style=position:absolute; id=Marquee1 onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start()><span style=color:#4682B4;font-family:Arial;font-size:21px;><strong>- DEMO<span style=color:#DD2067;font-family:Arial;font-size:21px;><strong> -DEMO TEXT- </strong></span><span style=color:#000000;font-family:Arial;font-size:21px;><strong> </strong></span></marquee>
</body>
</html>"

Thanks for Prompt Reply.. Lee Smith

Your CSS declaration isn't correct.

<style type=text/css>
html, body { margin: 0; padding: 0; overflow: hidden }
</style>

Not that I know if that will work, and the marquee will only work on Windows (it's an Internet Explorer only HTML from memory )

True (although they're hidden, rather than removed - put a line around the web viewer to see that)

However, what indiguy is saying is that the post from 19 April, 2009 has a link, but the followup post from 21 April, 2009 with the text "Try This:" has no link...

And my post was merely making the CSS snippet from indiguy syntactically correct.

Hi webko,

I don’t see any other link other then the OP file, which BTW seems pretty much the same as Daniele's

If there is more to this thread, or a missing link,  then indiguy needs to point at it.

p.s. I fixed my typo of your handle, sorry about that.

Lee

3 hours ago, Lee Smith said:

I don’t see any other link other then the OP file,

That's the point - the Raybaudi post from 21 April 2009 says Try this, with no link or any other text... 

This topic is 2823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.