Tooltip "timer"

toby162

This topic is 3913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This may be impossible but I would love to find a solution to this.

I use tooltips to show data from other tables and/or layouts. For instance, we keep records of many different phone numbers for our different clients. We do not want to take up a lot of screen real estate with phone number fields. So what I do is set a tooltip that displays the clients phone numbers when you hold the mouse pointer over their name. It does not stay on the screen for long enough.

Has anyone ever come across a solution that would allow me to increase the amount of time that a tooltip is shown on the screen. I know I could use a custom dialog but then the user has to click on something to trigger the custom dialog and then has to close it. It would be the same as clicking on the client detail button that I have and looking at the phone numbers there. If I can get a tooltip to appear for longer then I only have to put my mouse over their name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever come across a solution that would allow me to increase the amount of time that a tooltip is shown on the screen.

The tooltip remains visible as long as you hold down the mouse button.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I am not sure if this fit here or more under a subject I read about real time clock..

Having to solve a real time clock for display purposes only, I started to dig..!! Found the Web time clock etc.. very good but I did not liked it (I am very beginner to programing and I hate what I do not understand.. old brain way.). So I kept digging..and scratching my head..but the result works, is light and uses the only FMP12 advanced resources..What else do we need after all… Of course I accept all comments including negatives and advices from experts..

Ok, I created a preference table with a CurrentTimeMoving field, type Time, storage Global.
Then I made a script "Test clock" as follow :
In the first attempt, I set the user cancellation to active, later when it worked I took off user cancellation step.

So the script

Set Script OnTimer ["Test clock" ; Interval : 1]
If [Preferences::CurrentTimeMoving < Get (CurrentTime)]
Set Field [Preferences::CurrentTimeMoving; Get (CurrentTime)]
End If

Then as proof I launched it from menu, and it worked….
Then in the open script of the database I just added

Execute Script ["Test clock"]

As a cherry on top of the cake, I am making a small script that will refresh date global field at midnight, so date changes in due time when the computer or the database hasn't been closed… Let me see if it works at Midnight..!!!..

Moderator feel free to move this where it need to be.

In the hope this helps

This topic is 3913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.