Setting Directory Service with Novell eDirectory (NetWare 5)

This topic is 5291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am trying to configure Directory Service with Novell eDirectory (NetWare 5). I tried all ways that I can think of and all the solutions through help(mostly AD solutions are available) but no success yet.

Can anyone helpme or show me the right path?

Thanks in advance

FMS only supports AD and OD.

I don't know much about eD, AD or OD but my guess is that if eD isn't AD or OD then it isn't going to work.

(I have setup and worked with external authentication but the AD/OD has been managed by other people.)

Vaughan reports correctly. At one time there was a service that could be run with Novell that emulated AD, and that might work.

But, basically External Accounts are either Active Directory, Open Directory, or local server Accounts.

See the External Server Authentication tech Brief on the FMI web site.

Steven

Are you talking about the "directory service" tab in the FMS configuration console? Or are you trying to make External Authentication work?

EA won't work with eD. One option here is to set up a synch betwen eD and an OD or AD box. Then your filemaker solutions can authenticate against the AD/OD. There is software out there that does the synching between eD and AD/OD.

As to the 'directory service' tab in the FMS configuration: that has nothing to do with authenticating users, it's just a 'phone book entry' that lets users find FMS. That should work with eD just fine. Getting the syntax correct however is real challenge..

This topic is 5291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.