AD Authentication error email messages.

This topic is 5186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi FMForums

I have a problem when opening files hosted on FMS10A, with AD authentication setup. The files eventually open OK - takes a while, however I think that's because of this problem; during this opening process I get lots of emails from the FM server saying that Authentication has failed. This is the case which ever database file is opened.

Any one got any ideas on how to:

A: Speed up the opening process (opening 50 files can take 10-15 minutes!)

B: Stop these error messages?

Welcome to FM Forums.

The most obvious way to stop the email messages is to turn off notifications in the Admin Console.

On the more underlying issue however, the failed authentications, check to see that no file has an auto-enter of credentials or has a blank password.

Steven

• Newbies

Hi Steve

Thanks for the response.

I've found one auto enter credential - on a flat file - which has sorted that one error message out, but I still get the same error messages when opening other databases without auto enter login credentials.

One thing that may be causing my 'speed to open' problem could be the External Data Sources.

In all my files I have set references to the relevent databases as followes:

fmnet:/IPAddress/filename

file:filename

However, if I click the 'Add File' button in the Edit Data Source window, and then click on the file it also adds the .fp7 to the end of the file name:

file:filename.fp7

Is this relevent? More over, as these are hosted DBs do I even need a file:filename ref there?

One last Q.The docs seem to mention that an IP address should be used in the fmnet:/ line, rather than a name. Is this the case - or can I use a name? Or should I also add filewin:// too??? But then I DON'T share the filemaker servers 'databases' folder over the network anyway - for obvious reasons!

One thing that may be causing my 'speed to open' problem could be the External Data Sources.

In all my files I have set references to the relevent databases as followes:

file:filename

If all files are on the same server, just use the file:filename reference. In fact, if you reverse the order of these in the Manage External Data Sources UI, it may help considerably.

Steven

This topic is 5186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.