External Auth works on FMS adv 10 but Fails auth on FMS adv11

This topic is 5039 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Any help would be greatly appreciated . . .

1) Our master open ldap server is on a mac 10.5.8 server.

2) We have a 10.4.8 server running FMS 10 adv. This machine is connected to our master directory system and is authenticating external accounts correctly in our FM solutions both native and web.

3) We installed FMS 11 adv on a 10.6.3 server. It is also connected to the open ldap master. (a terminal window with id account_name returns the correct information). The FMS 11 adv console has been set to allow FM accounts and external accounts in the security tab. However when trying to open a remote solution our external accounts fail.

4) If we can resolve the external authentication problem on the 10.6.3 server we can shutdown the FMS 10 adv machine. As it stands we have a product thats not usable as it would take far to long to add groups and individual accounts to every solution.

5) I have also just uninstalled everything from the 10.6.3 server and installed on a 10.5.8 directory replica. The results are the same authentication failures

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/214672/

this article above provides excellent detailed information on the topic, however after verifying each point was complete our external authentication still fails.

Several items to check:

1. Be sure that you re using the short names from Open Directory, not the long names. They must match exactly and should be all lower case without spaces.

2. Be sure that the FMS 11 machine is actually a member of the OD domain.

Let us know how this works.

Steven

• Newbies

After a bit of testing it seems, while FMS 10 had no issues with my Ldap accounts and groups FMS 11 i often had to delete the record and recreate it with the identical guids, this included both groups and user accounts. I'm not sure if this is due to an ldap corruption or just under the hood changes for external authentication on FMS 11.

But i do finally have external authentication working on FMS11.

This topic is 5039 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.